The rate of change in the business world right now is unprecedented, and the impact on HR leaders is extreme. Staying current on the hiring climate is important, but it can feel like a full-time job on top of your full-time job.Â
Weâ€™ve rounded up the go-to sources of information on all things recruiting and hiring, along with links to some of the most recent reports, webinars, and more that can help you get up to speed.Â
Letâ€™s jump right in.Â
5 Essential Websites to Visit
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS): In this volatile economy, the BLS website tops our must-visit list. The BLS is the authority on the latest and greatest unemployment numbers, giving you a birdâ€™s eye view into U.S. unemployment trends. Our two most-visited pages? The overall U.S. unemployment rate (slice and dice the data however you choose!) and the U.S. unemployment by state.Â
- Glassdoor for Employers: The Glassdoor employer research library is extensive. You can sort the library by topics, including employer branding and hiring & recruiting, or subscribe to their blog.
- LinkedIn Talent Blog: The LinkedIn Talent Blog is one of the best resources out there when it comes to the latest hiring and candidate trends. The weekly digest with the 10 best articles is a canâ€™t miss email each week.Â
- Recruitment Process Outsourcing Association (RPOA): As the leading independent organization focused on the RPO industry, RPOA has a variety of resources on all things RPO. RPOAâ€™s webinars are second to none, and they also frequently post over on their blog, The RPO Voice. Donâ€™t miss: the replay of Advanced RPOâ€™s webinar with RPOA, Making the Case for RPO.Â
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM): Calling themselves â€śthe voice of all things work,â€ť SHRM is a longtime HR industry destination for information. A lot of SHRMâ€™s content is for members only, but there are many benefits to registering, including networking, professional development opportunities, access to HR toolkits, and more.Â
The HR Industryâ€™s Top Analysts
- Deloitte: The research firm publishes free articles with the latest workforce stats and trends. Visit the Human Capital page for the latest information.
- Josh Bersin: Since striking out on his own in 2018, Josh Bersin has continued his track record as a foremost thought leader on all the latest topics, including D&I.
- Gartner: Only members receive access to all research, but thereâ€™s valuable insights within its free articles as well. You can find the latest HR ones here.Â
- Mercer: Mercerâ€™s research focuses solely on the new world of work. Bookmark this page with its insights on the new shape of work.Â
- The Talent Board: In addition to its big annual report (hyperlinked below), The Talent Board has some great articles for employers on a slew of talent acquisition topics.
- Everest Group: This research firm focuses on helping clients through transitions, disruptions, and transformations. Check out its talent-focused blog posts.Â
- NelsonHall: This firm has an impressive RPO and Total Talent Acquisition research practice worthy of the investment.Â
3 Reports to Read
- Advanced RPOâ€™s Quarterly Insights Report. Our Talent Acquisition Industry Insights Report is released quarterly and covers the latest labor supply & demand headlines, the current marketâ€™s impact on HR, the latest candidate trends and an update on DEI.Â Â
- Jobvite’s 2021 Job Seeker Nation Report. This report is a must-read every year. The 2021 edition covers everything from how job market perceptions have shifted over the past year amidst COVID-19 to the effect of the current job market on salaries and negotiations.
- The Talent Boardâ€™s 2020 Candidate Experience (CandE) Global Research Report. Stay tuned for the release of 2021, but thereâ€™s still a lot to gain from reading the 2020 edition. Itâ€™s chock full of everything you need to know about the latest candidate trends.Â
At Advanced RPO, hiring is all we do. Our clients rely on our team of experts to help them find the right talent who will ultimately allow them to meet their business goals. How we do that is by first ensuring we know everything we need to know about the state of the labor market in every industry and every market.
We hope you check out these resources and bookmark the links for easy viewing as you navigate through this changing hiring market. While we canâ€™t always predict whatâ€™s next, we know these thought leaders can help prepare you for whatever is to come, and we are here to help you navigate through it all.Â